- Wear colors that make you feel happy and pretty. When you feel good in your clothes, you’ll look good in your clothes.
- Follow the three F’s: flatters, fits, finances.
- If you’re looking to control your budget, don’t end your search at big-box discount stores. Although they are always lowering prices, you can find even cheaper stuff at second-hand shops.
- If you want to really be unique, you can make your own clothes and accessories. Of course, this will require skill in sewing, crocheting, etc.
- Don’t be afraid to copy. If you admire someone’s style, borrow ideas from them. Just keep the number of elements you copy to a minimum or you may rub them the wrong way.
- If you’re a girl, try new makeup. Visit the makeup section of a department store for a complimentary makeover. Tell the makeup artist what you’re interested in, but be willing to accept his/her input; you could be hiding your best features. Be prepared to purchase at least one thing as a thank-you.
- Have fun clothes with loud prints and cool patterns.
- Don’t dwell on it if someone copies you. There’s more to you than your style and there’s more to your style than that one aspect. Take it as a compliment and find something new.
At the end of the day, developing a unique style is something that I believe everyone who cares about fashion should do. I know it might be more work to find unique pieces and work them your way than it would be to just buy whatever’s new at the mall, but it’s so incredibly worth it. Don’t let a retail store define you: define yourself and show your personality off through what you wear! That’s what REAL fashion is all about anyway. ♡♡♡
I hope that kind of helped! 🙂 I decided to include some outfit pictures for some inspiration!
- Finding your own personal style: How to know if a style is right for you (franticbutfabulous.com)
As many of you all know, I love shopping at thrift stores and wearing vintage clothing. My number one reason that I love for shopping at thrift stores is that I am buying things that really no one else has and if someone does have it, it’s prob not where I live. If you haven’t tried thrifting, you totally should. Here are some things that I picked up today!
Hello loves, long time no blog but don’t worry I didn’t go anywhere. Thank you to all the people that likes, commented and followed my blog!! I’m almost at 50 followers!!!! 😀 I logged onto wordpress today just to check comments and such and I saw that I received a blogger award from ‘BeautyInformer‘. She nominated me for the Sunshine Blogging Award! I was really happy being this is my very first blog award!!!! I also love these awards because it lets readers know more about the blogger. Along with the award comes a list of questions that you answer and that is what I am going to be doing today. I am also going to nominate another lovely lady!! So here we go..
What is the default song you put on when you want to listen to something but don’t feel like choosing?
I usually put on one of my playlist on Spotify.
What do you do when you’re uncomfortable in a social situation?
STAY ON MY PHONE LOL!
What subtly obnoxious behavior bothers you most in others?
I hate when people are loud for no reason! Just plain loud , it’s so annoying!!
What article of clothing do you own that you know is stupid but you really like anyway?
My hair bows. To some people they say its for little girls but it adds some type of excitement to my hair 🙂
Do you like typing better or hand writing, and why?
typing because it looks so perfect.
What writer would you like to believe writes in the style that you think in?
Is time alone liberating or depressing?
Have you ever written a letter to someone and never given it to them?
yup, a couple of times
What movie influenced you most, and was that influence psychological, aesthetic, or both?
I don’t really have a movie that has influenced me; I don’t really watch movies much.
The girl I nominate is http://kaymoxieblog.wordpress.com/
Go check out her blog! She is an amazing outfit stylist and I love reading her blog everyday!
As you all know I love fashion, but I also love doing my hair!! I decided to share a hair review for all you ladies that love sew-ins, clips-ins and all that jazz. This hair that I am reviewing is the Bobbi Boss Yaki Natural Straight. You can find this item online but your beauty supply store may also carry this hair. I used two packs of the hair in the lenghts 20″ and 18″ and I also use some leftover hair from another hair brand in 16″. The color is used is 1B (off black). This hair is pretty good hair. I didn’t seal my wefts and I also cut my wefts so I experienced some shedding. This hair curls very wells and also straighten very well too for a very natural flowy look. I did experience some tangling, but I just used a brush to brush it out. When I wash this hair it will air dry straight unless It was previously curled. If I had curled the hair, brush it out then washed it and let it air dry, it would turn out to be a very pretty wave with a lot of volume and body. I wore this hair for 2 months. I would recommend this hair to anyone who is looking for hair that they will only be using for short term. Therefore if you are looking for hair that will last you 6 months to a year, I suggest getting Virgin hair. Overral the hair was great. I received compliments daily on my hair. Here are a few pictures of the hair.
A question that I get a lot of is, “Where do you get your clothes?!” Many people are surprised when I give them the answer that most of my things come from the thrift store. I know a lot of people et uncomfortable about the idea of wearing someone else’s old clothes. I think with a couple of washes, it’s good as new. One reason I love shopping at thrift stores is that I get stuff that only like 2 in a million people will have. Another reason I love thrift stores is that I find cheap alternatives to current trends. For example, high waisted shorts, crop tops, muscle tees, and flannels are in right now. If you go to a popular store, those items can run about $30 an item. If you go to a thrift store you can get all of it for about under $20! I love finding old pairs of jeans and making my own shorts. FInding t-shirt and cutting them into crop tops is another one of my favorite things to do. Thrift shop just come with so many opportunities.
Here is a list of tips I included for when you go thrifting!
1. Google thrift stores in your area: you might find a few small ones besides the normal big ones like Goodwill and Value Village
2. Set a budget: Since the prices are inexpensive, you can set a budget for yourself and make the most out of your money.
3. Wear shorts or leggings and a t-shirt. You might be trying on clothes so you don’t want to wear anything that will give you trouble.
4. Be willing to look for a long time for stuff
5. Keep your personal style in mind
6. Examine everything for stains, rips and etc.
7. Don’t forget about accessories: The only accessory I would not purchase from a thrift store is earrings.
8. WASH EVERYTHING!
9. Look up the current trends and see if you can find it much cheaper in the thrift store.
Overral I love shopping at thrift stores. I would probably pick it over Forever21 any day!!
NEW GLASSES ♡ via www.firmoo.com !!! I was skeptical at first when I heard of this website ( I don’t even remember how I heard of it). This site has hundreds of glasses for you to choose from (prescription and non-prescription). In my case, since I’m basically blind, I have to have prescription glasses. I decided to start wearing glasses again because my contacts have been giving me trouble for the last couple of weeks. I even suffered from “pink eye”. It has horrible! Besides glasses can be an extra accessory to my outfits 😉 I absolutely 100% recommend this website if you’re looking for inexpensive and stylish frames!