- Skater Skirt Saturday (petiteperfect.wordpress.com)
- Skater Skirts (tuesdaytheory.wordpress.com)
- Awesome Summer Trend! ❀ (artsyfartsyfashion.wordpress.com)
- Skater Skirt In Giraffe Print – ASOS (thewardrobeblog.wordpress.com)
- My flippy and flirty skirt (theclosetisours.wordpress.com)
- Wear colors that make you feel happy and pretty. When you feel good in your clothes, you’ll look good in your clothes.
- Follow the three F’s: flatters, fits, finances.
- If you’re looking to control your budget, don’t end your search at big-box discount stores. Although they are always lowering prices, you can find even cheaper stuff at second-hand shops.
- If you want to really be unique, you can make your own clothes and accessories. Of course, this will require skill in sewing, crocheting, etc.
- Don’t be afraid to copy. If you admire someone’s style, borrow ideas from them. Just keep the number of elements you copy to a minimum or you may rub them the wrong way.
- If you’re a girl, try new makeup. Visit the makeup section of a department store for a complimentary makeover. Tell the makeup artist what you’re interested in, but be willing to accept his/her input; you could be hiding your best features. Be prepared to purchase at least one thing as a thank-you.
- Have fun clothes with loud prints and cool patterns.
- Don’t dwell on it if someone copies you. There’s more to you than your style and there’s more to your style than that one aspect. Take it as a compliment and find something new.
At the end of the day, developing a unique style is something that I believe everyone who cares about fashion should do. I know it might be more work to find unique pieces and work them your way than it would be to just buy whatever’s new at the mall, but it’s so incredibly worth it. Don’t let a retail store define you: define yourself and show your personality off through what you wear! That’s what REAL fashion is all about anyway. ♡♡♡
I hope that kind of helped! 🙂 I decided to include some outfit pictures for some inspiration!
- Finding your own personal style: How to know if a style is right for you (franticbutfabulous.com)
As many of you all know, I love shopping at thrift stores and wearing vintage clothing. My number one reason that I love for shopping at thrift stores is that I am buying things that really no one else has and if someone does have it, it’s prob not where I live. If you haven’t tried thrifting, you totally should. Here are some things that I picked up today!
A question that I get a lot of is, “Where do you get your clothes?!” Many people are surprised when I give them the answer that most of my things come from the thrift store. I know a lot of people et uncomfortable about the idea of wearing someone else’s old clothes. I think with a couple of washes, it’s good as new. One reason I love shopping at thrift stores is that I get stuff that only like 2 in a million people will have. Another reason I love thrift stores is that I find cheap alternatives to current trends. For example, high waisted shorts, crop tops, muscle tees, and flannels are in right now. If you go to a popular store, those items can run about $30 an item. If you go to a thrift store you can get all of it for about under $20! I love finding old pairs of jeans and making my own shorts. FInding t-shirt and cutting them into crop tops is another one of my favorite things to do. Thrift shop just come with so many opportunities.
Here is a list of tips I included for when you go thrifting!
1. Google thrift stores in your area: you might find a few small ones besides the normal big ones like Goodwill and Value Village
2. Set a budget: Since the prices are inexpensive, you can set a budget for yourself and make the most out of your money.
3. Wear shorts or leggings and a t-shirt. You might be trying on clothes so you don’t want to wear anything that will give you trouble.
4. Be willing to look for a long time for stuff
5. Keep your personal style in mind
6. Examine everything for stains, rips and etc.
7. Don’t forget about accessories: The only accessory I would not purchase from a thrift store is earrings.
8. WASH EVERYTHING!
9. Look up the current trends and see if you can find it much cheaper in the thrift store.
Overral I love shopping at thrift stores. I would probably pick it over Forever21 any day!!
NEW GLASSES ♡ via www.firmoo.com !!! I was skeptical at first when I heard of this website ( I don’t even remember how I heard of it). This site has hundreds of glasses for you to choose from (prescription and non-prescription). In my case, since I’m basically blind, I have to have prescription glasses. I decided to start wearing glasses again because my contacts have been giving me trouble for the last couple of weeks. I even suffered from “pink eye”. It has horrible! Besides glasses can be an extra accessory to my outfits 😉 I absolutely 100% recommend this website if you’re looking for inexpensive and stylish frames!
CAMO PRINT LOVE♡ If you in any way keep up with the current fashion trends you would know that camo is definitely in! In shorts, pants, crops tops, tshirts, etc. I didn’t really realize how much of this current trend I had till I pulled everything out that was camo. I really like this trend because I feel like you can really do a lot with it and mix different prints with it. I’m especially going to love this trend even more in the fall time, because I will be able to wear my camo jacket more. Right now it’s summer so it’s kinda tucked away! I found some pictures of street style an celebrity style with camo! Hope you enjoy.
What do you think about the camo trend? Love it or leave it?
DIY high waisted shorts ♡✞ I recently made these high waisted shorts but I decided it wasn’t distressed enough! So of course I put more holes in it and took a pair of scissors and started going to work. As you probably have noticed, high waisted shorts are a huge trend this year and I love it! I never have paid more than 3 dollars for my shorts! Instead of buying already made shorts, I buy shorts from the thrift store and I do it myself. Wanna know how? I included a simple video that will show you step by step what to do.